The Congregation of Holy Cross was founded by Blessed Basile Moreau in 1837 in Le Mon. The Missionaries of the Congregation arrived in Kenya by way of Uganda in 1978. In that year, they established Holy Cross Parish in Dandora and they have worked with the Community ever since, they conduct Parish Community activities, administer a School and the Brother Andre Medical Centre.
The Congregation of Holy Cross of East Africa includes Uganda, Tanzania and Kenya and is managed by elected Trustee member’s of the Congregation.
The Brother Andre Medical Centre (BAMC) was honoured to take the name from Brother Andre Bessette who was the first canonized Saint of the Congregation. Brother Andre was known as the ‘miracle man of Montreal’ for all of the people that were healed through his intercession and prayers.